I left nursing school feeling ready to take on my career. MCHP provided me with all the tools necessary to be a safe nurse, to provide compassionate care, and to give educated and knowledgeable education to my patients and their loved ones. The faculty are excellent, and the student-centered environment was pivotal to my success. An excellent place to learn and grow!
MCHP has one program within Applied Health: Associates in Health Sciences. The associate degree in Health Sciences will provide an entry point for students to complete a degree in healthcare without committing to a specific profession within healthcare.
The Health Sciences degree will also serve as an opportunity for students to prove their academic abilities to aspire into radiology or nursing programs. Students who complete the associates in Health Sciences degree can be employed as health information technologists, non-certified medical assistants, or pharmacy technicians.
Mission and Goals for the Health Sciences Program:
- Examine the current and historical structure, policy, and trends of the field of Health Science;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the terminology in Health Science;
- Demonstrate concepts integral to the student’s development in the role of a health care professional, such as effective communication, positive attitudes, cultural sensitivity, and ethical behaviors;
- Design a plan for professional development and growth;
- Investigate the aspects of traditional business and healthcare related practices.