An Associate Degree in Health Sciences provides an entry point into education within the healthcare industry without committing to a specific profession. The degree provides a broad view of health professions with opportunity for students to advance into nursing or radiology programs. Students gain extensive and hands-on experience through academic and clinical settings, and upon graduation can be employed as health information technologists, non-certified medical assistants, or pharmacy technicians.
MCHP’s Health Science program provides students an opportunity, not only to complete an Associate’s degree, but to prepare for a future course of study within healthcare and enhance their understanding of healthcare.
In order to graduate from the Health Sciences program at MCHP, students should expect to achieve the following goals:
- Examine the current and historical structure, policy, and trends of the field of health sciences;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the terminology in health sciences;
- Demonstrate concepts integral to the student’s development in the role of a healthcare professional, such as effective communication, positive attitudes, cultural sensitivity, and ethical behaviors;
- Design a plan for professional development and growth;
- Investigate the aspects of traditional business and healthcare related practices.