- Online application- https://mchp.edu/apply-now
- Application Fee $50.00- non-refundable
- Official high school transcript(s) or GED/HiSET sent directly to MCHP from school(s). (Home school students should contact the admissions office.)
- Official college transcript(s), if applicable, sent directly to MCHP from school(s)
- Biology with a grade of “C” or higher- high school, college or adult education
- Chemistry with a grade of “C” or higher- high school, college or adult education
- Accuplacer Entrance Exam scores- Reading, Writing, Math and Algebra
- All application materials must be received by the required deadline. Late materials will not be accepted and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Associate in Health Sciences← Back to Allied Health
OverviewMission & ObjectivesProgram Highlights
An Associate Degree in Health Sciences provides an entry point into education within the healthcare industry without committing to a specific profession. The degree provides a broad view of health professions with opportunity for students to advance into nursing or radiology programs. Students gain extensive and hands-on experience through academic and clinical settings, and upon graduation can be employed as health information technologists, non-certified medical assistants, or pharmacy technicians.
MCHP’s Health Science program provides students an opportunity, not only to complete an Associate’s degree, but to prepare for a future course of study within healthcare and enhance their understanding of healthcare.
In order to graduate from the Health Sciences program at MCHP, students should expect to achieve the following goals:
- Examine the current and historical structure, policy, and trends of the field of health sciences;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the terminology in health sciences;
- Demonstrate concepts integral to the student’s development in the role of a healthcare professional, such as effective communication, positive attitudes, cultural sensitivity, and ethical behaviors;
- Design a plan for professional development and growth;
- Investigate the aspects of traditional business and healthcare-related practices.
- Start your education and explore your healthcare career options
- May be completed full- or part-time
- Program is financial aid eligible
- Some courses available online
MCHP by the Numbers
Total Number of MCHP Students
The program is very interactive. It’s more than just sitting and taking in information; you are actually using it. I already feel very well prepared for when I go into nursing.
Life at MCHP
Experience Life at MCHP
Community and compassion are essential qualities of everyday life at MCHP. Hands-on learning goes hand-in-hand with collaboration and personalized support at our close-knit campus in Lewiston, Maine. Consider immersing yourself here.