I’m so impressed by how we are taught. We’re in lectures one day, and the next day, we’re down in the lab, working hands-on.
Medical Imaging Copy
Medical Imaging is the process of visualizing the body to diagnose, monitor, and treat disease or injury. Medical Imaging Technology includes X-Ray, Ultrasound, Magnetic Resonance (MRI), and Nuclear Medicine Imaging. X-Ray further consists of the following specialty areas: Radiography, Computed Tomography (CT), Mammography, Cardiac and Vascular Interventional Radiography, and Bone Densitometry. Medical Imaging Technologists have the knowledge and skills to perform these technical imaging procedures, provide quality patient care, and they play a vital role in current heath care systems.
The mission of the Medical Imagining program is to:
- Encourage motivated individuals who are dedicated to pursuing excellence in Medical Imagining;
- Provide a quality education in Medical Imaging;
- Offer educational experiences in the classroom, the campus laboratory, and in a variety of clinical settings with emphasis on exceptional patient care; and
- Educate individuals to be competent and knowledgeable technologists who demonstrate critical thinking and effective communication skills.
The Medical Imaging Program Objectives include fulfillment of the following program goals:
I. Graduates will demonstrate competency in performing imaging procedures.
- Students will demonstrate effective patient care.
- Students will produce quality images.
II. Graduates will effectively communicate to provide quality patient care.
- Students will effectively communicate with patients.
- Students will effectively communicate with co-workers.
III. Graduates will demonstrate problem-solving and critical thinking skills to evaluate and address a variety of medical imaging situations.
- Students will adjust to the needs of the patient.
- Students will evaluate results.
IV. Graduates will demonstrate professional development and growth.
- Students will explore advanced education or supplemental modalities of medical imaging.
- Students will identify resources for professional development.
V. Graduates will achieve certification and become employed in medical imaging.
- Students will successfully complete the program.
- Graduates who are actively seeking employment will be employed in medical imaging.
- Graduates will be satisfied with their education.
- Employers will be satisfied with the proficiency and quality of graduates.
My experience at MCHP is one that I owe my entire career. The different levels of experience that I received at every different clinical site was always educational and the technologists were very knowledgeable. I would not be the CT Technologist that I am today if it wasn’t for the exceptional technologists that taught me and the clinical instructors.
Life at MCHP
Experience Life at MCHP
Community and compassion are essential qualities of everyday life at MCHP. Hands-on learning goes hand-in-hand with collaboration and personalized support at our close-knit campus in Lewiston, Maine. Consider immersing yourself here.