The Advanced Certificate Program in Mammography will provide a pathway of professional growth for radiographers to advance their studies in medical imaging. The program will provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities in mammography for graduates to work as mammographers and function as vital members of the healthcare team.
Upon successful completion of the Mammography program of study at MCHP, the student will have obtained the structured education and clinical experience requirements to take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) post primary examination in mammography. The curriculum is based on the ARRT content specifications and American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) curriculum guide for mammography.
The mission of the Mammography Program is to:
- Encourage motivated individuals who are dedicated to pursuing excellence in Mammography;
- Provide a quality education in Mammography;
- Offer educational experiences in the classroom and in a variety of clinical settings with emphasis on exceptional patient care; and
- Educate individuals to be competent and knowledgeable mammographers who demonstrate critical thinking and effective communication skills.
MCHP Mammography Program Expected Learning Outcomes:
- Execute effective communication in the medical imaging department to provide quality patient care;
- Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills to evaluate and address a variety of situations in mammography;
- Demonstrate competency in performing mammography procedures;
- Devise a plan for professional development and growth;
- Graduates will achieve national certification in mammography;
- Graduates will become employed in mammography within six months of program completion.