- Online application- http://www.mchp.edu/apply-now
- Application Fee $50.00- non-refundable
- Official high school transcript(s) or GED/HiSET sent directly to MCHP from school(s)
- Official college transcript(s) and/or military transcripts, if applicable, sent directly to MCHP
- HESI LPN Nurses Entrance Exam scores. Applicants must score above 70 in the required sections: Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, and Basic Math. (Alternative entrance exams, such as the TEAS, may not be used in place of the HESI exam.)
- Late materials will not be accepted and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN)
100% Pass Rate NCLEX-PN Licensure Examination
This nursing education program is a candidate for accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
OverviewMission & ObjectivesProgram Highlights
The goal of MCHP’s one year LPN program is to graduate professionals who are well educated and who demonstrate the knowledge, abilities, and skills required to be a successful LPN. LPN students attend a variety of classes and take care of patients of diverse ages and cultures.
The goal of MCHP’s one year LPN program is to graduate professions who are well educated and who demonstrate the knowledge, abilities, and skills required to be a successful LPN. LPN education serves a vital role in the healthcare career ladder and will provide individuals the opportunity to work in a variety of health care settings, including long term care facilities, home health care, and much more.
The LPN curriculum is designed to develop and broaden critical thinking and communication skills, prepare students to enter the profession, and enhance their understanding of healthcare. At the end of the LPN program students are readily able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Evaluate patient care collaboratively as a member of the interprofessional healthcare team to justify the unique contributions of the LPN to a robust nursing workforce;
- Evaluate personal practices that promote self-fulfillment, professionalism, and accountability;
- Support dignity, integrity, self-determination, and personal growth of diverse patients, their families, and oneself to provide individualized, culturally appropriate, relationship-centered nursing care;
- Synthesize clinical judgment with consideration of cultural, cognitive, and physical needs to provide safe care to patients and their families across the lifespan;
- Evaluate diverse therapeutic communication techniques amongst patients, their families, and healthcare professionals.
- One year certificate program
- 3-semester program
- Program cost is just under $16,000, billed over the course of the program
- Program is financial aid eligible and payment plans may be arranged
MCHP by the Numbers
The program is very interactive. It’s more than just sitting and taking in information; you are actually using it. I already feel very well prepared for when I go into nursing.